TOP THREE QUESTIONS
What is the difference between Percale and Sateen?
HHH Collections come in one of two weaves: Percale and Sateen. Percale is our most popular weave: crisp, matte and cool like a button-down shirt. Sateen is slightly thicker and softer, with a subtle shine.
What is your return policy?
- If for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, we will issue a refund within 30 days of purchase. Please contact our customer service team at email@example.com for authorization and re-packing details.
- Once our team processes your return, we will issue a refund for the item(s) purchased. For exchanges, we will re-issue an order confirmation.
- Returns must be unwashed and in their original packaging.
- Returns that are stained or otherwise damaged will not be accepted.
- Monogrammed items are final sale and not returnable.
- Please allow up to 2 weeks for processing.
I have a question about my order – what do I do?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org - we’ll do whatever we can to help.
How can I contact you?
Send us an email at email@example.com - we’re happy to help!
Where are you located?
Hill House headquarters is in New York City. Our production and manufacturing takes place in France.
BUYING HILL HOUSE
What is your monogram policy?
- We currently offer monograms on pillowcase sets only
- All monograms are placed on the top right-hand corner of pillows
- Please allow an additional 10-14 business days for monogram orders
- Our monograms have a character limit of 10 characters
- Please note that monogrammed items are final sale and not returnable
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any special requests and we will do our best to accommodate
Do you offer Same Day Delivery?
- If you need same-day delivery in the NYC metro-area, please email email@example.com for and we will do our best to accommodate (subject to inventory availability and price increase).
What kind of fabric do you use?
- Our fabric is woven in Italy, and made from Supima cotton grown in the United States
- We offer two weaves across our collections: Percale and Sateen
- Percale is crisp and cool with a matte finish—like your favorite button-down shirt
- Brushed Cotton Sateen is soft and luxurious, with a slight sheen.
Where are your sheets made?
Our sheets are made in France, at a family-owned and operated factory.
What size sheets do you offer?
Right now we offer Full, Queen and King. Twin and California King are coming soon.
Do you ship internationally?
- For international orders, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to accommodate.
- International shipments may be subject to duties, taxes, handling costs, and other fees; these charges are the responsibility of the recipient and are non-refundable.
Is a signature required for delivery?
We require a signature for all deliveries. Please email email@example.com and we will do our best to accommodate any special delivery requests.
When will I receive my order?
- Free UPS Ground Shipping
- Domestic orders ship free with UPS ground, and usually take 3-5 business days to arrive
- All orders are shipped with signature required
- Expedited Shipping
- Next Day Delivery is available anywhere in the US for orders placed before 2pm
- If you need an item shipped faster or have any questions about delivery of your order, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll do our best to make it work.
Do you offer discounts?
- Short answer: no discounts!
- We’ve done everything we can to bring you the lowest possible prices. Unlike other home brands, you won’t see constant markdowns and promotions—our prices are as low as they can be without sacrificing quality.
Can I try before I buy?
Yes! Head over to our Swatch Books and we’ll send you fabric to try at home.
CARE & COMPATIBILITY
How should I wash my sheets?
- We recommend washing sheets alone to prevent discoloration, tangling and pilling
- Machine wash in warm water, tumble-dry low
- Do not bleach
- For more on care, visit our post on 40 Winks.
Should I iron my sheets?
- Ironing or steaming sheets
- Do not dry all the way—sheets should be slightly damp
- Keep ironing/steaming area clean as sheets may touch floor
- Check iron for any dirt or residue before using
- Iron in segments, folding as you go
- The hands-on approach
- Do not dry all the way—sheets should be slightly damp
- Lay sheets flat and smooth wrinkles with your hands
- If sheets are being stored, fold immediately after smoothing
How do I know what size my mattress is?
- Full 54"x75"
- Queen 60"x80"
- King 76"x80"
A flange is the “wing” on a pillow or duvet – the decorative fabric that is attached to the edge where the insert finishes.
The insert is the “fluff” of the bed. It’s what you literally “insert” into a duvet cover or pillowcase – the pillow insert and duvet insert respectively. Many inserts are made with goose-down or feathers, but we prefer hypoallergenic down alternative fibers.
Loft is the height of the insert. The higher the loft, the fluffier the pillow.
Without a baffle box design, your duvet would be very lumpy! A Baffle is a small interior wall inside a duvet that prevents the fluffy microfibers from moving around too much and keeps everything in place. The “box” refers to the box pattern that emerges when lots of baffles are sewn into a duvet insert.
Weave is what separates raw cotton (the kind you pick in a field) from the cotton products you know and love. Popular weaves include cable knit, chambray, broadcloth, canvas, chino.
Long staple refers to the length of the fibers we weave to make fabric. As a rule, long-staple fibers last longer and break/pill (get scratchy) less often – they’re higher quality all around.
Thread count measures the number of horizontal and vertical threads (warp & weft) woven into a square inch of fabric. We don’t think thread count is a fair metric to use when talking about fabric quality. But more on that on our 40 Winks blog.
One of our two Hill House weaves. Percale is crisp and cool – like your favorite button-down shirt.
One of our two Hill House weaves. Sateen is soft and luxurious – with a slight sheen.